This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED: Same network range on UTM and RED?

Hello,

I have a following situation: two remote offices, which each have an IP-phone and two computers.

Now, my question pertains to RED: from what I can read here, even in Standard/Unified, the RED device is in it's own segment (subnet)? Correct?

Can RED also be in the same network segment as the UTM? It is possible for me to work with an additional interface, albeit more complicated, as I have to NAT couple of addresses from the RED-network in that case. The reason for this is that our UTM-network connects to another remote network, which only allows for access from the UTM network, and not any other. So I have to translate all devices that are in the RED-network to adresses in the UTM network. The important thing is that IP-phone addresses have to be unique and dedicated.

Can someone clarify please? Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • It is possible to bridge the reds# virtual NIC with the Internal LAN.  If that doesn't answer your question, please show us a simple diagram with IPs.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA