This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

new question about RED

Okay, I am new to the Sophos products, but I have a question about the RED devices.

I recently came on board and we have a SG210 with 7 RED10 devices. I need to troubleshoot some network connectivity issues at a remote site and I'd like to use the RED10 there to do it with.

When I go to sign in to the RED10, by using its internalip:4444, the browser still points to the internal ip, but I seem to be actually signed into the UTM because I can see all of the RED10 devices. And, when I ping something at that remote site (even though I use shortest route, and chose the local red10 ethernet) I get the same reponse time as at my desk.

So, these are my questions:

1). How to a sign into the red10, and only the red10 and review the logs on that device? I don't want to change any configurations, just be able to specifically look at those logs.

2). Is there any administration manual published for this?

3). Are there publicly accessible training materials?

Like I said, I am new to this product and trying to learn more about it.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Ben - welcome to the UTM Community!

"When I go to sign in to the RED10, by using its internalip:4444, the browser still points to the internal ip, but I seem to be actually signed into the UTM because I can see all of the RED10 devices. And, when I ping something at that remote site (even though I use shortest route, and chose the local red10 ethernet) I get the same reponse time as at my desk."

All configuration of the RED occurs in WebAdmin in the UTM, so the Help there will be the documentation you seek.  After making a RED configuration change in WebAdmin, the UTM uploads that to a Sophos server in the Cloud.  The RED sees that there's a change and downloads its new configuration.

All logging occurs in the UTM, so that's where you will find the RED logs.

I'm not aware of a course that just considers the RED.  If you Google site:community.sophos.com/kb UTM Remote Ethernet Device, you will find plenty of guidance.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA