This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED 15w system led red directly after power on

Hi,

I'm struggling with the setup of a RED 15w.

I have bought a RED 15w 3 months ago and added it to our SG. After starting the RED it came up until the final tunnel phase (sytem, router, internet were green).

I had no time for troubleshooting and had to stop at that time.

Now I wanted to catch up but nothing is working anymore.

As soon as I power up the RED the system led is going to red and router, tunnel, internet are set to green. It looks like there is no real boot of the device as this is showing up as soon as I connect the device to power.

I have tried a new USB rollout, not working.

I have tried to recover the device following KB 118843, but the tool is bringing a raprap error saying couldn't connect to the red device. Maybe because it is a 15w and the KB is only for the 10-series?

Any idea? What would be the next step here?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Is the RED behind a firewall that blocks UDP 3410 or TCP 3400?  Do the LED blink codes match any in https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/116573?  If those weren't the issue, you may have a dead RED.

Please let us know your result.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

tried it at home behind my Fritzbox where nothing is blocked.

Even if I do not connect any cable (except power of course) the situation is the same.

As soon as I connect power it takes not one second and system led is solid red / tunnel-router-internet is solid green.

I think the device is fried in some way, bricked or whatever we will call it. Tried to troubleshoot via telephone support from Sophos without success due to the fact that we do not have premium support on our UTM.

The RED device is 3-4 months old and I am not getting any support, this is disappointing.  Even a RMA is not possible directly with Sophos. So now I am trying to sort that out with the company/store where I bought that device.

• I believe that Sophos has the same warranty in your country as here.  REDs have a 1-year warranty, so I think you probably need to get that case re-opened and insist on escalation if they won't provide an RMA.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I believe that Sophos has the same warranty in your country as here.  REDs have a 1-year warranty, so I think you probably need to get that case re-opened and insist on escalation if they won't provide an RMA.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data