This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Devices behind RED not visible from main LAN

Hi,

I have an issue with a RED 15w device connected to a SG210 UTM running firmware 9.602-3 which I am hoping someone might be able to suggest what setting I am missing. I will try provide as much info as possible and while I do know my way around the UTM and basic networking, I’m far from an expert.

The RED device is set up and functioning meaning computers behind the RED can access all areas of our main LAN in the head office. The issue I am experiencing is that computers on the main LAN (behind the UTM) cannot access devices at the remote site behind the RED. There is no visibility of anything behind the RED and I cannot even ping the RED or any devices attached to it from the main office.

I have the RED setup on the UTM and have added details of the RED to the following sections on the UTM: Interface, DNS, DHCP, Masquerading, NAT, Firewall and even Web Filter. I have attached images of all of these settings – I have blanked out our external IP and that but I have left our internal IP range as it is just used for testing and might allow you to see more information.

Just to add one final bit of information, here is where it gets unusual that if I connect my laptop to our network remotely via Sophos SSL VPN (whether I connect this way when I am on the internal LAN or an external connection) I can ping the RED and all devices behind it. I do however still have issues accessing shared folders on a computer behind the RED. I have attached this error as the final screenshot.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The image uploads are:

01 – Main RED setup

02 – Interface settings

03 – DNS entry for RED

04 – DHCP server settings for RED

05 – Masquerading rule for RED

06 – NAT entry for RED

07 – Firewall entries for RED

08 – Web Filter entry for RED

09 – Error while trying to access shared folder when connected to network via Sophos SSL VPN

Kind Regards,

Niall

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Niall,

What, if anything, do you learn from doing #1 in Rulz (last updated 2019-04-17)?  Also, consult #2 concerning pings.  That you need those SNATs indicates that you might have some Network objects that violate #3.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Niall,

What, if anything, do you learn from doing #1 in Rulz (last updated 2019-04-17)?  Also, consult #2 concerning pings.  That you need those SNATs indicates that you might have some Network objects that violate #3.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data