This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED: 4G - LTE USB dongle support in 9.6

After updating to 9.6 two REDs that are connected with USB-dongle were not coming online again. Meanwhile I think that the dongle itself is not supported any longer in 9.6

While searching I found the "RED: 3G/4G/LTE USB dongle list" but it is dated from 2016 (file-date | the list itself does not contain any date).

Does anybody have a RED connected to a UTM with usb dongle and 9.6 installed? I do not have the time nor the money for try and error and we have two brach offices being offline.

Thanks in advance

Florian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Geiasou Florian,

I can't imagine that the drivers were removed in 9.601.  First, try restoring the backup that was made just before the last group of Up2Dates were applied.  If that was unsuccessful, try hard rebooting (power off, wait a minute, on) the misbehaving REDs.

Still not working?  Uninstall and re-install each RED in WebAdmin - don't forget to note the 'Unlock Code'!

If that doesn't work, try rebooting the UTM several times.  Wait 5 minutes between reboots to see if they connected.

If that doesn't work, let us know what Sophos Support does with this.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Geiasou Florian,

I can't imagine that the drivers were removed in 9.601.  First, try restoring the backup that was made just before the last group of Up2Dates were applied.  If that was unsuccessful, try hard rebooting (power off, wait a minute, on) the misbehaving REDs.

Still not working?  Uninstall and re-install each RED in WebAdmin - don't forget to note the 'Unlock Code'!

If that doesn't work, try rebooting the UTM several times.  Wait 5 minutes between reboots to see if they connected.

If that doesn't work, let us know what Sophos Support does with this.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data