This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED Secure Connection to Provisioning Server over Public Internet

Hello- There is a section in the article below that mentions the RED device will securely connect to the provisioning server.  Is there any additional technical information regarding the secure connection or is this all based upon custom security options set before the device is deployed to the remote LAN? EG:  HTTPS TLS1.2, ETC?

Article: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/116573

"A DNS lookup of red.astaro.com will return the closest provisioning server, which it will then securely connect to, and check for new instructions..."

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Robert and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'm not aware of any such detail.  My guess is that this would be TLSv1.2 today because UTM was created in Germany and they always have GDPR in mind.  If your company needs this for competitive information or to inform its own design, it should buy a RED 15 and watch the connection with the closest provisioning server.  I apologize if I've misapprehended your intent.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Robert and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'm not aware of any such detail.  My guess is that this would be TLSv1.2 today because UTM was created in Germany and they always have GDPR in mind.  If your company needs this for competitive information or to inform its own design, it should buy a RED 15 and watch the connection with the closest provisioning server.  I apologize if I've misapprehended your intent.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data