This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9.601 - RED issues!

Since upgrading all our customers to 9.601, a bigger part of them are complaining about RED's re/disconnection in a no-pattern way.

It started for all of them just the night we upgraded to 9.601, and they all are on different ISP's and located different places around the country.

Been with Sophos support for 2 hours today, and now they escalated it to higher grounds.

Will return with an update....

Suspicious entries in the log - but all connected REDs do this before connection:

2019:03:06-15:15:38 fw01-2 red_server[17509]: SELF: Cannot do SSL handshake on socket accept from 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx': SSL connect accept failed because of handshake problems

2019:03:06-15:15:46 fw01-2 red2ctl[12420]: Missing keepalive from reds3:0, disabling peer xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I know the last line is written before the tunnel disconnects, because there was no "PING/PONG" answer...

One customer has 2 x RD 50, one 1 100% stable and the other fluctuates in random intervals - we replaced this with a new RED 50, but the same thing occurs.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • So I had previously switched to the non Unified Firmware for my RED 15s (all my REDs are RED 15s) which helped noticeably but we were still experiencing random dropouts of random REDs.  As of now I have upgraded manually to 9.700-5.  My question is do I need to re-enable/switch back to Unified Firmware or not?

Thanks,

Tracy 

• Check the status by going to the command line and issue command "cc get red use_unified_firmware"

If it returns a 1 then your upgrade has automatically turned the Unified firmware back on. In previous upgrades this was the default behavior. See previous posts in this thread about the best way to perform an upgrade and still retain the old RED firmware on the devices.

Whether or not you "need" to be on the Unified firmware is a matter of choice. I am still seeing people here reporting big problems with the Unified firmware (note Twisters many issues). I am not using the Unified firmware until I am convinced the issues have been completely fixed.

• I checked after the upgrade and can confirm that it *DID NOT* switch back to unified firmware.  The cc get red use_unified_firmware returned a 0 on both my UTMs after the upgrade.

I am going to monitor the logs closely for the next little while an see what if anything happens.

Tracy

• Tracy Carlton said:

I checked after the upgrade and can confirm that it *DID NOT* switch back to unified firmware.  The cc get red use_unified_firmware returned a 0 on both my UTMs after the upgrade.

These are very good news for anybody struggling with the update to 9.7. Thank you for sharing that. It seems Sophos has learned a little bit from the updates since 9.601.

Best regard

Alex

-

• This could also be very bad news, since users are reporting that everything is fixed in 9.700-5. It could be that they are all still running with the non unified version of the firmware and just think that it's been fixed. 

• Hello,

yesterday I tried to start up with a brand new RED 15 and it still was caught in a boot loop.
    But I have to say that I still work with 9.605-1 on my SG 210.
    Today I read that all problems should have been fixed with 9.700-5.

This version ist still not available for my SG 210 via Up2Date and I would not like to upgarde to a firmware that is not officialy released because I´ve been shipwrecked several times with that.

My questions are:
    - Are there some updates/experiences? Are the problems really fixed in 9.700-5 ?
    - If YES, does anybody know when 9.700-5 will be available via Up2Date ?

Greetings
    Bruno

Reply Children
No Data