This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

can't scan to email from copier

I have a red 50 setup in standard/split mode and when I try to scan to email from a minolta bizhub c284 coper it fails. It just gives a general error. I check the network settings and it gets an ip and everything. When I go to the admin mode and trying to ping 8.8.8.8 from the copier it immediately fails. I can get it to work in transparent/split mode but then I can't access the server on the other end of the tunnel. I'm sure I have some setting wrong but I can't figure out which one. Some assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Okay so internally the copier works and gets an ip from the red 50. The only issue is the scan to email. I look at the live firewall log and never see the ip of the copier getting blocked. The only reason I havent sent the log is because that log doesnt exist from 2 months ago. As for the server. Sorry I forgot to mention but it holds the data that gets shared between the 2 offices. When setup in transparent/split i can not longer see that server. My setup is below for the red tunnel in transparent/split. Also correct me if im wrong but in standard/spit a firewall rule should only be needed if the traffic will be flowing through the UTM?

• "...but in standard/spit a firewall rule should only be needed if the traffic will be flowing through the UTM?"

Correct. 

Okay, so I think the best thing to do would be to ask someone at that office to test the scan to e-mail function in order to produce fresh logs.  Based on the logs we can take a look at your firewall rules to see what's missing.  How is that server accessed, SMB (tcp 445)?

Tim

• Benjamin, do you get any insight from doing #1 in Rulz?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I still wasnt able to get the scan to email working in standard/split. I checked firewall live log but it showed nothing getting blocked. I have however gotten transparent/split to work with now having access to the server at the other end of the tunnel.