This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Remote reboot of a RED - How??

I am unable to find any solution on how to reboot a RED unit.

I have found how to switch off the interface via the GUI, and also the ideas page for this feature.

but am unable to find any article about how to reboot the physical device unless it is unplugged at source.

any help appreciated.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Does toggling the enabled/disable button for the RED under RED Management > [Server] Client Management cause a reboot?  

Tim

• this only disables the interface, and doesn't reboot the RED15. :(

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

• Darn.  I don't see there being an easy way to reboot them then, other then disabling the service as a whole, unplugging the power from the device or making a configuration change.  Alternatively you could login to the UTM via SSH, get the REF_ number of the red ( cc > red > servers@ ) and then enable debugging of the RED ( OBJS > REF_ > debug_level=1 > w ).  This should force a reboot in order for the RED to enter debug mode.  Of course this would depend on your comfort with navigating the cc in the backend.  

Tim

• Hi Tim,

thanks for the info, although i am comfortable with the back-end, I was unable to see anyway of rebooting the device, unless it was to remove the power completely!

I did see the Ideas section asking for this option seems like even the XG does not have this feature, so might be a good option to have.

Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

• Hi Tim,

thanks for the info, although i am comfortable with the back-end, I was unable to see anyway of rebooting the device, unless it was to remove the power completely!

I did see the Ideas section asking for this option seems like even the XG does not have this feature, so might be a good option to have.

Children
No Data