This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RED Box with Bridged and HA Active/Passive not working on failover

Anyone shed some light on my issue here.

Setup is as follows:

2 x UTM 525 set up with HA, but in a Active/Passive mode.

1 x RED interface setup as Bridge (BR) - trunk mode

3 x VLANs setup and assigned to interface on RED Bridge (BR)

Firewall rule:

Internal <> ANY <> Internal

Now when the UTM525 is operating normally all 3 VLANs are accessible, along with the devices attached at the remote end.  All devices are pingable.

However, in a failover situation non of the VLANs are accessible.  When you check the RED log, you can see that the devices disconnect from the primary UTM.  The devices then connect to the backup UTM and the log shows as connected.  However, we are unable to access any resources or even ping the remote devices.

As soon as the primary comes back on line and the HA becomes synced, the RED devices disconnect from the backup UTM and reconnect back to the primary UTM.  After a few minutes we are then able to ping all the hosts on the remote VLANs.

I've logged a call with Sophos, but they were unable to help hitting a dead end.  I've confirmed that the cables patched into the primary and secondary are configured the same way on the Cisco switch by swapping the cables around.  Because the primary UTM works OK on both cables, I know the configuration on the Cisco switches are not incorrectly configured.

Anyone have any advice. I thought may be a problem with ARP caching?

Any help appreciated

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data