This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Allowing Chromecast

Hi Guys ,

Just a quick question cause im new to SOPHOS UTM9. But everytime i add the IP Address of Chromecast here in our office to except the device on the firewall it gives me this :

Please help me thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • It looks like you selected the wrong network to assign the device to in the DHCP Settings portion of that screen. The network IP-range in the select bar next to IPv4 DHCP should match the IP range/address of the device.   Is the ChromeCast's IP assigned by the Sophos UTM DHCP server?

• Hi BramKortleven1,

The Chromecast IP address was not assign by the SOPHOS UTM DHCP server its the IP a public IP address of the chromecast.

Please help me add this one on our SOPHOS so that we can use the Chromecast freely and update the connection.

-Justin

• You've lost us here Justin. 192.168.255.251 is not a public IP.  If that is one of the interface networks on your UTM, your PC/phone will need to be on the same subnet to cast to your TV. 

If I recall correctly, during setup, you assign your Chromecast a fixed IP.  You don't need to have a DHCP definition, so just leave the DHCP settings empty.

Any better luck now?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA