This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

File Sharing Through Remote Access

I have a UTM 9 FW 9.5

I have Remote Users log in through VPN Client (VPN-SSL) The VPN Pool is 10.242.2.0/24

the internal network is 192.168.4.X/24

I have a PC in my internal network that is configured for file sharing. (windows 7 Machine)

Users who log in through the VPN client, can ping the PC, and can access the PC using Remote Desktop, but they do not have access to file shares.

How do I setup the UTM 9 to allow remote users to access the file shares without having to use remote desktop?

I have been trying to set this up for the past 2 days with out any results.

Thanks

George

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • This may be a Windows issue rather than a UTM issue.   VPN users would not have credentials that Active Directory accepts.   Have you tried "connect with other credemtials"?

There are also issues with using netbios on port 139 or without netbios on  port 445.  Port 139 tries to use WINS, but can also connect if "use netbiis over tcp" is enabled.

• This may be a Windows issue rather than a UTM issue.   VPN users would not have credentials that Active Directory accepts.   Have you tried "connect with other credemtials"?

There are also issues with using netbios on port 139 or without netbios on  port 445.  Port 139 tries to use WINS, but can also connect if "use netbiis over tcp" is enabled.

Children
No Data