This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9+ Allow URLS

Hey everybody,

I've got a question about configuring the firewall to allow certain URLs.
At this moment the customer I'm asking for is using Network Protection as the only module and he wants to allow certain URLs, is this even possible with just the Network Protection module or do you also need Web Protection for this to work?

We want to allow the communication to Port 80 and 443 Outbound Traffic and allow traffic/communications on these URLS on a firewall rule.

Hopefully someone can put me on the right track.

Thanks,

Frank

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Have they analyzed all of those URLs to know all of the embedded URLs that they invoke?   Do they know that those sites only use port 80 and 443?

Using firewall rules:

• Create DNS Host objects for all of the FQDN hosts, and grant allow for those objects on the ports that they use.   (Fallback is to create Host objects for all the IP addresses.)

Enabling DNS SEC might also be appropriate, to ensure that the DNS resolution is reliably correct (if those sites use DNS SEC).

Using Web Protection:

• Create web exceptions for each of the desirable web sites, and give them a tag like "Policy Allowed"
    • Create a filter profile, policy, and filter action.   In the filter action, block all categories on the first tab, but on the overrides tab, allow the tag for "Policy Allowed"

• Turning on web protection is probably the easiest way to begin learning about the embedded URLs in the desired websites.

Reply Children
No Data