This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Office 365 and utm

Hi Guy's,

Does anyone has some experience with migrating the exchange mailboxs that is bhind UTM to Office 365? after the migration we are going to remove the Exchange server so UTM will not do the scanning of the emails.

can we Migrate the mailbox when the utm is configured with WAF for exchange server?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hey Aresh.

I've done plenty of those. I don't think you'll have any issues. Your autodiscover, activesync and OWA hostnames will be completely different when migrated to Office365, so WAF should not be even part of the equation. Just make sure to create exceptions in web filtering for the Office365 URLs, as Outlook don't really like to authenticate against a proxy to get the emails.

Regards,

Giovani

• Hi giomoda

Thanks for your reply

Our users Will not accessing the o365 from internal net behind the the utm. we are a hosting company that hosts mails for our customers and they access thier mailboxs with owa and outlook anywhere and Active sync.

That is why I thin we dont need to add those urls to web filtering, are u agree?

I did create the migration  eind point without problem and ready to run the migration batch.

my only conceren if migration of mailboxs and after migration we will acess the o365 direclty and dicomistion the on-prem exchage srv. the only thing that is behind the utm that need to access the o365 is a virtual smtp server that we use for hosted websites to send mails to outside world.

Please if you have any points that help us to run the migration smoothly let me know.

Thanks

• I agree, no need for exceptions.

As for everything else, part of the migration process is to modify the migrated domain's DNS settings and forward everything to Office365. WAF is used exclusively for HTTP/HTTPS protection, so it should never be accessed for requests to the migrated domain after you point it to Office365. Your SMTP server behind UTM should only rely on the MX record to forward messages to the migrated domain, so as long as the DNS records are updates correctly, it should just work.

Regards,

Giovani

• Hi giom8da

unfortunately my fist attempt  to migration  failed  and get this error

Domain part validation  faild

when run conectivity test for exchande and outlook any thing where fist step faield and says 

Testig RPV over http failed

the rest test steps goes ok and we can access the exchange with outlook  anywhere  from internet

Any idea?