This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Host not found

Please forgive me.  I am a Sophos newbie.  I have created a sharepoint Vm on our network.  The machine can be pinged, and i can access the site on it's actual machine, i can access the site by typing in localhost:8080.   However, when I try to get to it using the name I gave it bcsosp:8080 it gives me the host not found.  I have added several policies into the Sophos appliance, but I really have no idea what I should be doing.   I have been researching for a couple of days.  **I don't want to be able to access this from the outside at all, this is internal only.   ANY direction would be greatly appreciated. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Have you added the bcsosp entry into the network definitions?

think of Network defintion as DNS.

on the system you are trying to access bcsosp from open a command prompt and type the following;

nslookup bcsosp

this will tell you what DNS server you are using and if there is an entry in to resolve bcsosp to an ip address.

simple

let me know how you got on.

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

• Hey!  thanks for the very quick response.  When I do the nslookup, it does give me the dns server and below that it shows the bcsosp server with the correct IP.

not sure what i should do from here.  

• Hi Kim, Hi Jason,

make an exception in your browser not to proxy this host/network.

cu

Maik