This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Youtube & Youtube TV Speed Limited ONLY When Using Chrome

Hey Guys,

Here's the backstory:

I recently subscribed to Youtube TV, so as such I've started to use Chrome for watching videos a lot more (Chrome is the only browser Google lets you watch the streaming service on).  As such "use a different browser" is not the answer I'm looking for here.  

For some reason, when streaming videos from tv.youtube.com or even youtube.com in Chrome ONLY (Firefox, IE, etc all work fine), the connection seems to be limited by the firewall to 2.2Mbps (as reported by Task Manager and even right clicking the video and clicking "Stats for Nerds").  If I connect my computer directly to the modem, I can stream in Chrome just fine as expected, so this eliminates my computer as the culprit.  

In the UTM, I have disabled every protection service I can think of (IPS, Web Filter, ATP, Anti-Portscan) and none of these have made a difference.  Every piece of equipment has been rebooted as well (UTM, ESXi host it runs on, modem, computer, etc)

Any ideas here?  Why would only Chrome traffic be limited and all the other browsers work fine?  For that matter, why does disabling every protection service not fix it?  

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • As I read your opening post, I decided to suggest you try #1 in Rulz, but you found the answer without that. [;)]

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data