This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using UTM 9 as commercial router.

Hi guys.
I'm having a big Dell severs, ruining Sophos UTM 9 Software.
Until now, I was using Cisco 2921 as Router, in front my UTM.
I have 200 MB syn. Wan Ethernet line, and need to increase it to 300 or 400Mb, which mean i have to buy another  bigger (and expensive) Router.
I'm curious if any of you, tried to use commercially,  the UTM without a router in front of it, so the UTM itself used as a Gateway to the ISP.
Some considerations:
1. Throughput
2. concurrent connections limitation
3. Memory load
4. CPU load.
5. performance.

Best to all,
           Goldy

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • That's an interesting one as I've always had a router or bridge in front of the UTM using ethernet, PPPoE etc.

I know the UTM is capable of BGP so technically, we could have used it for our private cloud etc. Our egress to the internet etc is always supplied by an ISP router etc so we've never tried it. There's also the question of where they deem their DP to be.

With regards to performance, if you sized it right, it would easily handle it.

• That's an interesting one as I've always had a router or bridge in front of the UTM using ethernet, PPPoE etc.

I know the UTM is capable of BGP so technically, we could have used it for our private cloud etc. Our egress to the internet etc is always supplied by an ISP router etc so we've never tried it. There's also the question of where they deem their DP to be.

With regards to performance, if you sized it right, it would easily handle it.

Children
No Data