This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

First time setup. Installation completed, unable to get connected to the internet. Please help

Hi all,

This is my very first experience with Sophos UTM.

I've installed the software appliance firewall on my 1U rack. Everything seems to be setup correctly.

Please note, I have a Cisco Catalyst Switch. I am using a Asus router for wifi connectivity. The ethernet from the Asus router carrying the internet connection goes to the Sophos server, and then from the second lan port the ethernet cable goes to the Cisco Switch port 1.

Now my Server/PC is connected to the Cisco switch.. i am able to view and configure the Sophos Webmin control panel from my server. 

After the configuration, i have created a rule to allow internet connectivity.. followed the steps below.

– Click on “Network Protection”
– Click on “Firewall”
– Click on “New Rule…”
– Do the following:

• Position: Top
  • Sources: Any
  • Services: Any
  • Destination: Any
  • Action: Allow
  • Comment: Firewall Off

Enabled this rule by putting the slider to the “On” position.

Done all this, but the internet still doesnt work.

Asking for help desperately.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • You might want to include pictures of your configuration next time you ask a question.  We're all having to guess instead of knowing what your description means.  You might want to read #3 through #5 in Rulz.  I bet apijnappels' guess was on target, so #3.1 is likely where you need to focus you energies.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • You might want to include pictures of your configuration next time you ask a question.  We're all having to guess instead of knowing what your description means.  You might want to read #3 through #5 in Rulz.  I bet apijnappels' guess was on target, so #3.1 is likely where you need to focus you energies.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data