This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ring Doorbell and Sophos UTM

Hello All, new to the forum, hello!

I have been killing myself trying to get my Ring Doorbell working with my UTM 9 FW. I have setup all the FW rules allowing these ports;

TCP 80

TCP 443

TCP & UDP 15063

UDP range between 16500-32768

UDP 51504/51506

For the doorbell, and ports;

TCP 7078

TCP 9078

For the app.

I am able to receive notification of someone ringing the doorbell or if someone approaches, but when I try to connect to LiveView it fails when opening a stream! I can go and look at the video after the fact, but not live. 

My setup is as fallows;

Modem -> Sophos UTM -> Eeros Mesh Wifi -> Switch

So the Ring is connected via the eeros Wifi. Which is set in Bridge mode. 

Any ideas? Thank you in advance. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Joseph, and welcome to the UTM Community!

To eliminate several possibilities, start with #1 in Rulz.  If that doesn't help, check the Web Filtering log.  If this is a Web Filtering issue, we'll move the thread to that forum.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thank you for your reply. And for the link, great stuff. I finally found the issue. I was creating NO NAT rules for the ports I needed opened originating from the source, I disabled those and creating packet rules using the same ports and it started streaming with no issues. 

Thank you again,

Joe

• Hi,

First of all, love the XG firewall and the ability to have a free license for my home!

I'm having the same problem on my sophos XG firewall (latest firmware - 16.05 mr2).  I have two cameras setup with the following configuration:  

Camera 1 - Repeater - wireless router with DHCP from XG firewall - Internet

Camera2 - dlink wireless router (with DHCP) - XG firewall - internet

I'm able to receive motion and ring notifications, but not able to live stream nor even watch a video that was saved during a historical motion detection event.  

I've setup the repeater, dlink wireless router, and camera 1 and camera 2 MAC address as one use (called Ring_Nodes).  I've then setup a top firewall rule to allow all traffic for this user.  Below are two print screens pertaining to my setup.  

I'm still not able to stream any video from my ring doorbell camera, live or historically saved.  What Am I doing wrong?  

Thank you

User setup by MAC address: 

Firewall rule:  

• Hi,

First of all, love the XG firewall and the ability to have a free license for my home!

I'm having the same problem on my sophos XG firewall (latest firmware - 16.05 mr2).  I have two cameras setup with the following configuration:  

Camera 1 - Repeater - wireless router with DHCP from XG firewall - Internet

Camera2 - dlink wireless router (with DHCP) - XG firewall - internet

I'm able to receive motion and ring notifications, but not able to live stream nor even watch a video that was saved during a historical motion detection event.  

I've setup the repeater, dlink wireless router, and camera 1 and camera 2 MAC address as one use (called Ring_Nodes).  I've then setup a top firewall rule to allow all traffic for this user.  Below are two print screens pertaining to my setup.  

I'm still not able to stream any video from my ring doorbell camera, live or historically saved.  What Am I doing wrong?  

Thank you

User setup by MAC address: 

Firewall rule:  

Children