This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Filter by MAC address but failed

Hi All,

I have follow the step on https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/119167 to create rules filter by MAC address which only lunch time can access internet.

But after I tried all the MAC address of computer still able to access internet. Anything I miss out?

Thank You

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Max,

Please post a screenshot of the inside configuration of the FW rule. Verify the following things:

1. MAC addresses are correct

2. The FW rule is placed on the TOP.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi sachinggurung,

I am new in firewall. I follow the start guide to step by step to configure.

After login, I directly set the firewall according the steps above to block by MAC address but not work.

Then I create another firewall rules but all didn't work for me.  

Look like I miss out some steps to make the firewall work.

Now the users able to connect internet. They don't have domain controller so I hav to block them by MAC address.

Pls assist.

THank you

• Hi, Max, and welcome to the UTM Community!

As Sachin says, we need to see pictures of the Edit of your firewall rule and of the Edit of the Host/Network definitions used in the rule.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi All,

Thank you. I manage to solved the problem after go through Sophos user manual.

Thank you