This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exchange 2016 Outlook Anywhere / RCP - WAF problems,

Hi There,

I have an problem with publiching of outlook anywhere trough the WAF. I follow the following documentation:

- networkguy.de/?p=998

Only when I run the Microsoft Remote Analyzer it turns up with the following error:

So what is going wrong ? Also Microsoft support says it is the firewall that is blocking something. Does anyone have an idea ?

Regards,

Fabian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, Fabian, and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'm not familiar with that document from networkguy.de, so I can't compare it to the Sophos KnowledgeBase article - you might want to see if it has any different indications.

After that, does #1 in Rulz give you any insights?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I'm getting exactly the same issue.  Everything seems to be working but the MS Connectivity Test fails

• I now get past this error - I had /RPC/* and /rpc/* in the exceptions but the logs seemed to indicate I needed to add /Rpc/* as well.  Once I'd added this in the ping error goes away but I now get the following:

The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.

Not sure if this is anything to do with it?:

ID32217 9.203 Outlook anywhere behind the WAF didn't work
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Description: If an Outlook Anywhere is behind the WAF and the test tool
    from microsoft (testconnectivity.microsoft.com/)
    is used you will get some errors in the output from the
    test tool.
    But there is no issue when you use the WAF config for the
    outlook client. Everything works fine and the error from
    the test tool can be ignored.
    Workaround: Independent from the error in the output of the microsoft
    test tool you can use the OA config for outlook on the
    clients.
    Fixed in:

• Hi,

we have same problems, but only with this test tool https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ live users does not report any issue with OutlookAnywhere. Has anyone solved it?

Thanks

Radovan

• Ahoj Radovan and welcome to the UTM Community!

Your experience is the same as others - everything works but that test tool throws some errors.  You can ignore the errors since your users are working fine.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi,

thank you, but I want switch Outlook Anywhere communication from RPC over HTTP to MAPI over HTTP protocol and this issue is connect with MAPI...

So it is working with RPC over HTTP now, but what about MAPI over HTTP in near future? I think MAPI over HTTP is enabled by default in Exchange 2019.

BR,

Radovan