This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Web Filter migration from Appliance to UTM 9

We currently use Sophos Web Filtering on a standalone appliance.  We are deploying an SG 430 UTM, and I would like to know if there is a migration tool for all of our policies and configurations?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo everyone, I'm new in this subjects so please be patiance, I have the same issue, a web appliance  v4.3.8 with some users proxied by it and I want  to migrate them to UTM9. I presume there's no automatic tool to migrate the web filtering options so I'm asking if anyone has a best practice to advice? Thank you

• UTM uses a Profile - Policy - Filteraction "Logic". 

So to speak, you need to setup a Profile (Based on IP). 

In this Profile, you setup different Policies (based on Group / Kerberos). First match.

And this Profile gets a Filteraction attached to it with a action "what should i do?". 

This is how the proxy is setup. 

Most likely you should consider to talk to a Sophos Partner to get help in the proper setup. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________