This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Yet again: Download Throttling

Hello everyone,
I know this has been covered a lot on this forum, and I have searched and read pretty much every post that contains useful information regarding download throttling, however I cannot seem to get it working.

Firstly, i want to know if my idea of 'Download Throttling' is correct...
Let's say I have 10 workstations behind my UTM, i wish to throttle each workstations internet download speed to 1meg.  I assume that the download throttling section of the UTM is what this is designed for?

This is how I have attempted to throttle my clients download speeds:
Firstly, I turned on QoS on my WAN adapter:

I then created a Traffic Selector, which will trigger when it sees traffic from the internet, on port 80, 443 heading to my internal network.
*edit* I understand now that this would not work due to port randomization during initial protocol handshaking between client & server.

The rule has been reversed.
*edit*

I then created the throttle rule named "Limit Web Traffic" to 512kbit/s (i put it really low so i could see that it was working)

Things to note:
I have tried this both with having the Web Filtering disabled and enabled in transparent mode, i have also tried creating throttling rules using the flow monitor - while this creates rules just like mine, they still do not function.

The results with the throttle rule active.

Do i have a configuration incorrect, or am i using this feature not as it was intended?

Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi AlienX (and others),

Download throttling DOES NOT work. Forget about upload throttling too. However, you are on the right track by creating Traffic Selectors. Use Bandwidth Pools and select Traffic Selectors you created. Works for me. Message me if you like.

The good news is that it works really well and seamlessly in Copernicus.
  • Hi AlienX (and others),

Download throttling DOES NOT work. Forget about upload throttling too. However, you are on the right track by creating Traffic Selectors. Use Bandwidth Pools and select Traffic Selectors you created. Works for me. Message me if you like.

The good news is that it works really well and seamlessly in Copernicus.
Children
No Data