This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Block Ip all ports

Hi all,

I've just started to learn how to use the UTM.

I cannot to block an IP address to access Internet when I inserted a new rule in the Firewall.

Sources: PC
Services:Any
Destinations:Internet
Action: Deny

I could insert a rule with iptables if I connect with ssh.

iptables -A INPUT -s IP-ADDRESS -j DROP

Can I create my firewall rule?

I don't want to do this with proxy or AD.

Thanks!

P.D.: Model ASG120 - v9.313-3

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Albert, and welcome to the User BB!

Is Web Filtering in a Standard or Transparent mode?  Do you have the FTP Proxy enabled?

For more understanding of these sequence issues, see #2 in Rulz and consider the diagram attached to that post. I haven't tried this with outbound traffic, but you might try a DNAT of '{PC} -> Any -> Internet : to {non-existent IP}'.  Does that work?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • BAlfson said:
    Hi, Albert, and welcome to the User BB!

Is Web Filtering in a Standard or Transparent mode?  Do you have the FTP Proxy enabled?

For more understanding of these sequence issues, see #2 in Rulz and consider the diagram attached to that post. I haven't tried this with outbound traffic, but you might try a DNAT of '{PC} -> Any -> Internet : to {non-existent IP}'.  Does that work?

Cheers - Bob

Is this still the best way to block all internal traffic to a given host?

• I'm confused by your question, Sean.  This thread was about blocking one internal IP from reaching the Internet.  Please be more precise about what it is you want to block.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • BAlfson said:

I'm confused by your question, Sean.  This thread was about blocking one internal IP from reaching the Internet.  Please be more precise about what it is you want to block.

Cheers - Bob

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I wanting to block all traffic from my network to a specific IP, and would like to know if the solution proposed in this thread would be the most effective method to achieve this.

• Not knowing anything about your setup, the quickest sure answer is to use a different NAT rule like 'Any -> Any -> {banned IP} : SNAT from {240.0.0.1}'.  If you don't want to see the blocks caused by this in the firewall log, select 'Automatic firewall rule'.  Did that work for you?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Not knowing anything about your setup, the quickest sure answer is to use a different NAT rule like 'Any -> Any -> {banned IP} : SNAT from {240.0.0.1}'.  If you don't want to see the blocks caused by this in the firewall log, select 'Automatic firewall rule'.  Did that work for you?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data