This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Country blocking exception not working

I'm running Firmware version: 9.303-2. I have Country Blocking turned on to some  countries, one of which is Netherlands.

When I try to go to: Yellow Bricks

I get this error:
Content blocked
While trying to retrieve the URL: Yellow Bricks
The content is blocked due to the following condition:
The URL you have requested matches a forbidden Country. If you think this is wrong, please contact your administrator.

I went to "Country Blocking Exceptions" and created a an exception called "Whitelist"

It says its set to:

skip blocking of these countries:
    [Netherlands] Netherlands
for traffic going to these destination networks:
    Whitelist 1
    Whitelist 2
    Whitelist 3
Using these services:
    Any

For the three networks, I've tried three things:

Name: Whitelist 1
Type: DNS Host
Hostname: Yellow Bricks

Name: Whitelist 2
Type: DNS Host
Hostname: yellow-bricks.com

Name: Whitelist 3
Type: Network
IPV4 address: 109.237.219.143 /32

None of them work. 

If I tell the country blocking list to allow Netherlands, it lets me access the site.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Arch

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Don't CHECK anything, since the request is not coming......
    It is definitely not a bug

• this did the trick for me, though i dont agree as asserted that it is "definitely not a bug" ... my logic dictates it is most CERTAINLY a bug, as you would think that you would only unblock certain countries which housed the website (discernible by the IP once the dns host is looked up)

so, for example, i would expect to "not block afghanistan" for all requests going to yellow-brick.com, meaning if yellow-brick ever housed the site elsewhere, or mirrored it with redundant servers etc, then the exception would fail to work.

you dont want to unblock all countries for 1 web url, if for example dns poisoning was used to redirect traffic for ...say ...google.com to a country they otherwise dont have a server in, for the purpose of infecting machines, then leaving all countries unchecked seems like it would allow traffic to all countries where google.com dns lookup said it lived

• this did the trick for me, though i dont agree as asserted that it is "definitely not a bug" ... my logic dictates it is most CERTAINLY a bug, as you would think that you would only unblock certain countries which housed the website (discernible by the IP once the dns host is looked up)

so, for example, i would expect to "not block afghanistan" for all requests going to yellow-brick.com, meaning if yellow-brick ever housed the site elsewhere, or mirrored it with redundant servers etc, then the exception would fail to work.

you dont want to unblock all countries for 1 web url, if for example dns poisoning was used to redirect traffic for ...say ...google.com to a country they otherwise dont have a server in, for the purpose of infecting machines, then leaving all countries unchecked seems like it would allow traffic to all countries where google.com dns lookup said it lived

Children