This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2 Wan 1 Lan

The news interface is a ppoe link at 100 Mbps.

What I'd like to do is simple to explain buI I am totally lost in that interface.

The LAN is 192.168.11.0
The WAN1 is bounded to internal network with address 192.168.11.1 and act as gateway.
The WAN2 is a pppoe, bounded to nothing but working.

Right now none of the traffic pass through WAN2 : I need all computer inside to pass through WAN2, whereas WAN1 will be kept only for access from outside.

How to do that ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • hello my query is the following
    I have 1 lan and 1 wan1
    but I want to have another backup wan2 in case the wan1 fails
    and that this process is automatic, I explain I stop working wan1 and automatically go out on the wan2
    is it possible to do that
    thank you
  • hello my query is the following
    I have 1 lan and 1 wan1
    but I want to have another backup wan2 in case the wan1 fails
    and that this process is automatic, I explain I stop working wan1 and automatically go out on the wan2
    is it possible to do that
    thank you
Children
  • Hola Jhon Charles,

This is exactly what Uplink Balancing does for you.  There are three choices:

1. You pay only a monthly charge for WAN2, there are no per-gigabyte charges and you want to balance your traffic between the two.  On the 'Uplink Balancing' tab of 'Interfaces', confirm that WAN2 is in 'Active Interfaces'.  Click on the wrench symbol and set the weights to send more traffic through the faster connection.
    2. You pay monthly and per-gigabyte charges and you want instant failover.  On the 'Uplink Balancing' tab of 'Interfaces', confirm that WAN2 is in 'Active Interfaces'.  Click on the wrench symbol and set the weight of WAN2 to zero (0).
    3. You pay monthly and per-gigabyte charges and you don't want instant failover - a minute or two is fast enough.  On the 'Uplink Balancing' tab of 'Interfaces', move WAN2 to 'Standby Interfaces'.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA