This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

QOS of Site-to-Site VPN Tunnels

Thanks for your help.

We have a backup application running from one site to another.   Both sides are connected via ASG 110 and ASG 120 IPSec site-to-site (s2s) VPN.   We have QOS running successfully for our normal traffic (i.e. http to web, smtp to web, etc.).  However, I am having difficulty applying QOS rules to the s2s VPN.   I am not sure how to structure them.  I have read that QOS is applied to outbound traffic, but apparently the traffic is encrypted prior to hitting the QOS.  How exactly should I go about configuring the box to apply QOS to all s2s traffic?   How would I do it for specific (i.e. Http) traffic inside the s2s tunnel.   Is there something I am missing?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • It's an interesting idea, but, unfortunately, there's no 1-to-1 NAT option with Astaro, so I don't think that will work.

If you have devices with VLAN capability, then I think this would be the way to go unless you easily can change your wiring scheme to have the phones and PCs on physically-separate networks that get DHCP from different interfaces on your DHCP server.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Bob, my phones are not IP phones, they connected directly to the Control Unit of the phone system. I assume phones may talk TCP/IP but strictly within their subnet.
    When it comes to PC to Phone conversation, the actual conversation is between PC and the Control Unit which has information about any phone status. This is how we dial numbers from the PCs.
    So, computer network is isolated from the phone network, and all I have to do is to prefer this traffic:
    {192.168.100.0/24}  {VoIP Protocols}  {192.168.101.0/24}
    because communication other than VoIP (between these two phone networks) causes all kinds of quality problems.
    Is this possible to do with Astaro?
  • Bob, my phones are not IP phones, they connected directly to the Control Unit of the phone system. I assume phones may talk TCP/IP but strictly within their subnet.
    When it comes to PC to Phone conversation, the actual conversation is between PC and the Control Unit which has information about any phone status. This is how we dial numbers from the PCs.
    So, computer network is isolated from the phone network, and all I have to do is to prefer this traffic:
    {192.168.100.0/24}  {VoIP Protocols}  {192.168.101.0/24}
    because communication other than VoIP (between these two phone networks) causes all kinds of quality problems.
    Is this possible to do with Astaro?
Children
No Data