This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How can I connect from the NAT-Network to an internal address?

I've an official network (83.64.x.y/255.255.255.240) together with a private network (192.168.1.x/255.255.255.0) on the lan-side of my Astaro 7.001

In the official network there are some Web-servers, mail-servers and other stuff

The private network uses NAT to communicate with the world with one of the addresses from the official network as mapped source address

All works fine exept connecting from the private network to the internal servers on the own official network

What can I do to make this work?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Are you using both the 83.64 address range and the 192.168.1 address range on the same physical subnet? Or do you use two separate LAN interfaces, one for each subnet?
  • It's the same phyiscal subnet and some of the clients even have addresses in both address ranges
  • It's the same phyiscal subnet and some of the clients even have addresses in both address ranges

Even if I would prefer a DMZ for this, rather than a "double-IP-Solution", i think this is not a NAT Problem. As far as i' have understood, it's a simple routing problem. 

You have to setup a static route that redirects the official IPS back to your LAN.
    Using different IP subnet ranges on the same physical media is a kludge that may work, but can not be supported, since no network should ever be configured that way. You'd be better off to stick with standard, textbook subnetting.