This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

cisco easy vpn

Hello,
Been using astaro 5 for a few months now at work with a 100 user license, as well as at home.
I need to connect some remote offices via VPN to the ASL but I cant work it out.
I have set up 2 other VPN IPSEC subnets  working with the ASL, routed on standard linux distros but this one doesnt seem to work.
On the interface of the cisco there are 3 things to enter to configure the VPN connection:
Tunnel mode ; 2 options :Client mode, network extension mode
Peer identity (IP address or hostname)
Group name
Group Password

How do I set up the ASL end for this? It is a Cisco 836 ADSL router. What do i enter into the "group name" field ?
Am I wasting my time on this? According to its specs easy vnp is an IPSEC tunnel using 3DES, and that sounds pretty standard to me. Has anybody done this before?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

be carefull when CISCO says anything about "standard" or "easy". They normaly implement their own "standard"  [:)]ent parts of the standard.

We tried many things with Ciscos, but the only thing that works like a charme is the DHCP Relay with Astaro. 
    As far as I know (from testing) the Cisco IPSEC wont work with ASL. Sorry.

Chris