This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anydesk anynet_19 error

Hi,

I am using the UTM 9 firewall on my AWS workspaces set up for a year now. one of the applications I use is Anydesk.

as of today, all users receive a message in their Anydesk saying "can't connect to the Anydesk network (anynet_19 error).

I went through all the threads regarding Anydesk in the Sophos community, but I can't find any explanation as to what might have happened.

I should mention, that up until today everything was working fine and upon the setup of the firewall, Anydesk was configured as an exception (although I don't really know where in the settings because I am not knowledgable enough).

I have two questions:

1. can someone point me to the part of the settings where an exception will be configured for software (applications)?
2. maybe you can explain what anynet_19 error means? there is not much info about it out there...

thank you

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Nur,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community.

I am not sure what that error meant, you might need to check with Anydesk. 

As per where you can find the exception it can be in two places

1) Web Protection >> Filreting Options >> Exceptions

2) Web Protection >> Filtering Options >> Misc >> Transparent Mode Skiplist >> Skip Transparent Mode Destination Hosts/Nets.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Hi Nur,

Show a few lines from the Web Filtering log where this traffic is blocked.  If you prefer, obfuscate IPs like 84.XX.YY.121, 10.X.Y.100, 192.168.X.200 and 172.2X.Y.51.  That lets us see immediately which IPs are local and which are identical or just in the same subnet.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi,

thank you for the help.

i was able to confirm that for some reason the Public IP was blocked on Anydesk side. i was able to fix the problem since then.

again, Thank you.