This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to browse internet with Web Filtering turned off

Hi all,

I've been trying to tackle an issue for some time now. None of my internal computers are able to browse the internet when Web Filtering is turned off.

I've worked with UTM's since it was still part of the Astaro brand, from V6 and up, so I have at least some experience with them, but the cause if this issue is a complete mystery to me.

Some info about my setup; I have a Sophos UTM running at home, latest version, using a Home license. My internet access goes through a cable modem which is in bridge-mode. I started out with a SG135, but have now switched to a VMware machine, but still the issue remains.

At first I set the VMware VM up using a backup of the SG135, no luck. I then started out with a completely vanilla UTM on VMWare and configured only the basics, still no dice. Web Filtering turned off; no internet. Turn it on again; zoom, lighting fast internet access.

My NAT rules only contain the one basic Masquerading rule:

• if_LAN (Network) > if_WAN

My Firewall rules are equally basic, again just one rule:

• Source: if_LAN (Network)
  • Service: Any
  • Destination: Any
  • Action: Allowed

I must be missing a very basic clue, or doing something obviously wrong in the first place. But for the life of me, I can't seem to find what that is.

Can you guys help me out?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data