This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to create a new Webfilter profile

Since installing firmware 9.700-5

I get the following error when trying to create  new Web Filter profile.  I am not doing anything fancy just clicking next through the setup, adding a policy and filter action again not changing anything and I get the following error when trying to save the profile

hash- or arrayref expected (not a simple scalar, use allow_nonref to allow this) at /wfe/asg/modules/asg_http.pm line 9588.

Any help is much appreciated

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I can confirm this at a customer UTM with 9.700-5.

Sophos Support Case is started.

I will post any updates...

regards

• It's a known bug:

NUTM-11422
    Error while saving any web filter profile after upgrade to 9.7

Fixed with 9.701

Workaround:

1) Even with the error, profiles appear to save correctly. Just click 'Cancel' after clicking 'Save' and dismissing the error. You have to refresh the profile page to see the change applied.

Sollte dies nicht funktionieren:

2) Disable Endpoint protection. This may not be an option for the customer. If it is, this can be disabled by running 'cc set epp status epp 0'. This can be re-enabled after the fact by setting the previous value to '1'.

regards

• Hi Steve,

Thanks for taking this up. 

If I make a new web filter profile, press Save, get the error, press OK then press cancel, I don't see the profile at all, even after logging out and back in.   The only thing that is created is the filter action.  At present we have had to disable web filtering which is not the ideal situation.  Do you know when the fix will be coming out?

many thanks

• Hi Martin and welcome to the UTM Community!

If neither of Steve's suggestions worked for you, you should have your reseller get an urgent case opened with Support.  They should be able to get you going before 9.701 is released.  If they tell you when it will be released, please come back here and inform the rest of us.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello,

same issue for me with 9.700-5 version.

endpoint is normaly disabled

and save/cancel not working (seems to work if you allready have policy but not if it's your first policy)

any update from support ?

• Same issue here,

Reported it to support 27-11-2019

Still no Fix ??????????????????????

• Salut Al & Hoi Gary - welcome to the UTM Community!

Gary, if you have a case # for Support, you might want to PM that to Jaydeep for him to ask about it.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA