This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM Home Port opening

Hello!

I got my own Sophos Firewall (UTM Home) Setup as a VPS on my Dedicated machine. (Hyper-V)
I got a router with one IPV4 Output that is fully sending all data to my Firewall.
I closed all ports excluding VPN / Website from Sophos firewall it self. (The Default settings if you get my point)
I know for sure that it's connected since everything behind the firewall is connected to it and is working (If I shutdown the Firewall the servers behind it have no internet acces anymore.)
I have a VPN Connection to the Firewall that works completely.
I can access remotedesktop etc if I am on the VPN Connection. 
But now to the problem part. 
I'm not getting my Ports to work. 
I tried to open ports I read al lot of Forum posts but I can not find the way to make it work.
I want to open a port (80 from a VPS on my dedicated server (IP: 192.168.178.21) But make it so that I can connect to it true port 51 on my router IP.
So that I can open it when I'm not connected true my VPN But I think you understand that part.

Can someone tell me how to open the ports. I'm new to Sophos UTM home and can not find my answer anywhere.

Kind Regards,
Dirk N.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Dirk,

can you give us a network diagram / layout scheme?

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Dear JPRusch,

Here by a sort of list / Picture about how my servers are setup:

#Paint 

VPS2 = MYSQL Wrote it down wrong sorry about that.
    VPS1 = Firewall that one is correct on the picture.

If you need more information please contact me!

(PS Router = Exposed host so will push everything to the Firewall)

• Hello Dirk,

I try to give a step-by-step solution:

Step 1: define a new NAT Rule in UTM: Menu "Network Protection/NAT" goto the tab "NAT"

Since there is no predefined object for tcp port 51, you have to define an object like above.

Step 2: For the destination you have to define your host object as follows, so that you can use it in your rule in step 3

Step 3: Fo the field named "Going to", that's the target of your packets, this is the address of the "external interface" of your firewall, which is 192.168.1.2 (NOT the router address!)

you can drag and drop this from the list of your existing objects, because this is automatically created for each interface of the firewall:

you wanted to receive on port 51 and to forward to port 80 internally, this matches the predefined "HTTP" object.

Do not forget to tick "Automatic firewall rule", as this will open the relevant ports for you.

Step 4: Activate your new NAT rule:

I hope this helps.

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

• Dear Philipp,

Thanks for your help!
    It works now!
    Love it that this community is able to help each other!!
    Thanks again!

From your neighbour in The Netherlands!

Dirk N.

• Great to hear you were successful.

Welkom!

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

Reply Children
No Data