This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Minecraft Authentication Servers not available

Hello Sophosers,

I have implemented a Sophos UTM SG125 this weekend at my home. I have several servers running, one of them is a Minecraft server.

I am trying to get the server working, but it is not going as planned.

It is not possible to connect to the server, externally nor internally. Internally I get the following error: Authentication servers are down. Please try again later, sorry!

Because I've never had this error before installing the UTM and both internal as external traffic is not working, I don't know what to do. All ports seem to be open, but I can not get it to work for some weird reason. Spitting through loggings but can not find a thing that is useful. I don't really know what I need to look at that tho, because I am quite new to the logging of UTM's.

Here is my NAT rule:

But, because internally it does not work either, I am guessing this has something to do with something that is closed that is going from internal to external.

I do have an Experia Box V10 from KPN, our ISP, in front of the UTM. The UTM is listed as a DMZ right there, so would mean it puts it through 1-on-1.

Is there anyone who can help me with this issue? I am already looking for days, but can not figure it out.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Have you added the server's IP or range in the WebFiltering? If so, that will apply web filtering to the traffic and might cause a breakdown in communication especially if it's HTTPS traffic. Further, do you have any details about what traffic should be allowed or skipped from Firewall scanning for the server to work properly? You might want to configure Firewall rule or necessary exception in Web Filter according to the setup you have.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Dear Jay,

I have my whole Internal network listed on Web Filtering:

The server is running, or should be running, on port 20003 and I have a Dynmap running on port 8123.

This is my firewall rule:

The Minecraft service is port 25565, the default port used by Minecraft.

In the group of services are the following services:

- 20003: Minecraft server

- 8123: Dynmap

- 2022: Panel for online FTP

• Hi Mikael and welcome to the UTM Community!

Please post a relevant line or two from the full firewall log file and /or from the Web Filtering log.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Mikael and welcome to the UTM Community!

Please post a relevant line or two from the full firewall log file and /or from the Web Filtering log.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data