This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Access to Internal Web Server

I have an internal web server that I can access from the internal network with no problems, but am getting a request timeout from outside of the network.

I have a DNAT rule set up to allow connections from a handful of IP addresses from HTTP service and forward them to the web server.

I can see that the traffic is getting through the UTM (reviewing the Firewall log) and being directed to the web server, but I still get a timeout error.

I have turned off the firewall on the web server (Win 2016 running IIS).

Wireshark on the web server reveals that the packets reach the web server, but then go into a re-transmission loop.

Can anyone shed some light on what's happening?

Thanks, SO MUCH!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

first i would check the default gateway at the webserver.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Hey - thanks for your reply!

The default gateway is correct -- and a tracert to the external IP from which I'm trying to reach the web server completes with no issue.

• Possible the WebServer don't answer to external IP's.

You may use webserver-protection to publish the server or FULL-NAT (like DNAT but replace Source IP with sophos internal interface IP).

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner

• Possible the WebServer don't answer to external IP's.

You may use webserver-protection to publish the server or FULL-NAT (like DNAT but replace Source IP with sophos internal interface IP).

Dirk

Children
No Data