This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Server Load Balancing: Deeper information needed

If I want to do maintenance on a server I change the weight to "0". After the persistence timeout and even on the next day I still get new connections to this server. 

The documentation and logging is very limited on this topic. Is there any further information available on how the Server Load Balancing works? And can we see via CLI how the connections are handled? What software component is used on the UTM for that task?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

If you set the weight to "0", it means that the corresponding server only receives data when no other server is available. As long as your other servers are available and Health check is green for them, UTM would not forward the traffic to the "0" weight server. You might see the traffic flow using TCPDUMP in the backend but I don't think you can monitor service or check how connections are handled.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Hi  

If you set the weight to "0", it means that the corresponding server only receives data when no other server is available. As long as your other servers are available and Health check is green for them, UTM would not forward the traffic to the "0" weight server. You might see the traffic flow using TCPDUMP in the backend but I don't think you can monitor service or check how connections are handled.

Regards

Jaydeep

Children
No Data