This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DNAT created Automatic Firewall Rule is missing services when viewed in Edit

After creating a DNAT rule with Automatic Firewall Rule selected, examining the automatically created firewall rule (via Edit) shows the Services section of the firewall rule blank.

Is this a UI error, or is the rule in fact not limited to the service that was specified when creating the DNAT rule?

Thanks for any assistance you are able to provide!

BTW - "External SSH" in the DNAT rule is a non-default internet facing port used for incoming SSH sessions.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi SY and welcome to the UTM Community!

The first thing I would do is try a different browser or clear your browser cache.

If the result is still the same, we can determine whether or not it's a UI glitch by checking the configuration data base.  I'm guessing at the name of the NAT object, but it should be right.  As root at the command line, paste the following command:

cc get_object_by_name packetfilter nat 'External SSH from Any to External (WAN) (Address)'|grep auto_pf_in

That should give you the REF_ of the automatic firewall rule.  I'll guess it's REF_PacPacExterFromAny, but you'll know what to change in the following to see the REF_ of the service in the firewall rule object:

cc get_object  'REF_PacPacExterFromAny'|grep REF_SerTcp

I'll guess that you see REF_SerTcpExternaSsh, so if it's not empty, this is a UI issue and you're the first to report it - that's why I suspect your browser cache.

Please report your results!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Sorry for the delay - here's the update:

Trying your first line doesn't give any result.  Dropping the grep gives an output of "0".

In case there being a space in "External SSH" was causing a problem, I changed the name to External_SSH.  It made no difference.

I'm logging in at the console since I haven't set up ssh access for root, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help.

• Sorry for the delay - here's the update:

Trying your first line doesn't give any result.  Dropping the grep gives an output of "0".

In case there being a space in "External SSH" was causing a problem, I changed the name to External_SSH.  It made no difference.

I'm logging in at the console since I haven't set up ssh access for root, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help.

Children
No Data