This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DNS Host not resolving FQDN slack-core.com

Hello all,

I need help resolve an issue.

on UTM 9 I've created a Network Definition -> DNS Host to resolve the FQDN slack-core.com. It says "unresolved"

I've tried slack.com it resolved perfectly.

slack-core.com does exist. But for some reason the UTM is unable to resolve it.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the issue? My DNS servers works properly.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Thierry.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Salut Thierry and welcome to the UTM Community!

There's a little confusion here.  There is no A-record for the FQDN slack-core.com, so there is no name resolution possible.  The domain slack-core.com exists, but none of the name servers listed for it supplies an IP for the domain name used as an FQDN.

My guess is that some criminals created that domain to try to defraud people while holding themselves out as Slack Technologies, but Slack found out about it and captured the domain.  The clue is the SPF record for slack-core.com - no email from that domain is to be treated as valid.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Salut Thierry and welcome to the UTM Community!

There's a little confusion here.  There is no A-record for the FQDN slack-core.com, so there is no name resolution possible.  The domain slack-core.com exists, but none of the name servers listed for it supplies an IP for the domain name used as an FQDN.

My guess is that some criminals created that domain to try to defraud people while holding themselves out as Slack Technologies, but Slack found out about it and captured the domain.  The clue is the SPF record for slack-core.com - no email from that domain is to be treated as valid.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data