This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos blocks client's continuous outgoing ping after rebooting

I have a computer that monitors our internet connection by pinging a few outside resources - google, level3, etc etc.  It does this by running a continuous ping to those locations.  Works fine day after day.  However if I reboot the router (usually after a firmware update) it will not allow that client to continue pinging those locations even when the internet connection is up and running.  I can ping those locations from other clients but not that client.  If I stop the pings I can eventually start them back up again but there's no set amount of time that I have to wait.  Sometimes it's 5 minutes for one location, 15-60 for others.  

I assume this has something to do with IPS but I do not know where to look.  What I'd like is to prevent the UTM from blocking ANY outgoing pings from this particular client. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • How about a picture of the Edit of the Interface definition, Jason?  When you say "reboot the router" above, do you mean the UTM?  What, if anything, do you learn from doing #1 in Rulz (last updated 2019-04-17)?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • How about a picture of the Edit of the Interface definition, Jason?  When you say "reboot the router" above, do you mean the UTM?  What, if anything, do you learn from doing #1 in Rulz (last updated 2019-04-17)?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data