This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[SOLVED] NAT strange issue (rule somehow does not work)

Hello, guys!

I am facing a strange issue since a few days with NAT. For some reason, although a rule is there, it does not work. Let me explain in detail:

I have a NAT rule (since 4 years actually) to SSH to a Linux machine inside my LAN. This rule has always worked, no problem.

Last week I tried to SSH to that machine and couldn't connect. I logged in to the UTM and saw in Firewall log that although the rule was indeed there, I got the traffic droppped to the default drop rule for that machine on port 22.

I created a new firewall rule to allow traffic to that machine on port 22 and I was able to login again.

After a while I logged in again to the UTM and thought about disabling that NAT rule and re-enabling it again. I did it and... the additional rule I had created disappeared..!

However I was able to login via SSH no problem - seemed that disabling and re-enabling the rule solved the issue.

However, every morning, I try to ssh again and I cannot. Firewall log again shows traffic to port 22 on that machine going to the default drop. If I disable and re-enable the rule I can normally connect again.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? It seems that the rule (although it is enabled) does not apply unless I disable it and enable it again.

This started happening a week ago, after I updated to  9.601-5 (might be a coincidence, don't know)

Is there a possibility of a database corruption maybe? 

Will running /etc/init.d/postgresql92 rebuild possibly solve any issues if this is the case (I would like to avoid losing all reporting data..)?  

Is there any other command that does a consistency check or something perhaps?

Thanks a lot for any ideas you may have!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.