This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Slow transfer speed on archives

Hi,

I have a UTM 9 appliance that I am using as a proxy with a single network adapter. The problem I'm having is when I download from my FTP server (trough out the internet) archive files or backup files (which are also archives) transfer speed does not go over 5MB(Megabytes)/s. FTP server and client who is downloading are in different countries.

For example:

I have a SQL backup that was taken with the SQL Management Studio. The backup is 120GB in size. When I transfer this over FTP I get 30MB(Megabytes)/s download speed. This also the maximum I can reach right now since it is the upload speed from the FTP server side.

I used WinRAR to archive the backup and it shrink to 14GB. Now when I try to transfer this over FTP (same location) I don't get more the 5MB/s speed. The same with some Veeam backups.

Transferring some ISOs I get around 12-15 MB/s. I did not tried with other types of files since these are the most often ones I need to transfer.

You might think is the antivirus, but I disabled it. Also, on the UTM appliance I have no filtering of any kind (antivirus,spam etc). I am using Opera for download since the FTP server has a web interface, so no FTP client.

Any ideas?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data