This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upgrade to UTM 9.601-5 firmware doesn't start FW NAT rules on boot

Hi,

I got information from my UTM that a new firmware 9.601-5 was available. I installed it and after reboot I discover that all my NAT rules where not activated ! I had to go on each one and disable/enable them to get back the working setup :(

I did it with some of them and then reboot the UTM: again rules where not applied. Disable/enable them and evrything is OK.

For some rules I didn't apply the "automatic firewall rules" in GUI but had create myself the FW rules: those NAT rules where activated. But for NAT rules with forwarding ports to other physical hosts but *not the host himself and the VMs running on it where the UTM lies* doesn't matter which setup (manual or automatically), I have to activate "automatic FW rules" and disable/enable the rules to get them working.

No need to say that prior firmware versions didn't had this problem.

Does anyone face the same problem and confirm?

Daniel

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Daniel Huhardeaux said:

[...] But for NAT rules with forwarding ports to other physical hosts but *not the host himself and the VMs running on it where the UTM lies* doesn't matter which setup (manual or automatically), I have to activate "automatic FW rules" and disable/enable the rules to get them working.

This point is solved, I did a mistake in my FW rules for those destinations, sorry for the noise.

Daniel

• Hello Daniel,

I have the same problem and it's pretty annoying. Did you have any feedback about this?

Regards,

DeltaSM

• It's rare, but sometimes the Up2Date process "breaks" something in the configuration databases.  I've only experienced this twice in my client base in well over a decade.

The first thing to try is to restore the backup made prior to the last application of Up2Dates.  That worked immediately in one case.  In the other, two extra reboots solved the problem.  The reboots may have been all that was necessary, but restoring a configuration backup is virtually instantaneous and not disruptive.

Did that fix your issue?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • A case is open at Sophos France, I have no reply from them.

Daniel

Reply Children
No Data