This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Struggling with VoiP

Hello guys!

I´ve been struggling with VoiP in all customers where we have a Sophos UTM installed. They are all using the same VoiP Provider that is hosted on cloud.

The problem is that some of our calls are cutting out. It lasts for a single second and can happen many times in a single call but it is terribly annoying for ours customers because it is enough to miss a word or two. This cutting only happens to anyone behind the UTM (the other side of the line doesn´t).

It´s not a problem with ISP and environment. We have already checked everything because we have an active monitoring server for every device or service.

BUT, I found something that I am almost certain it is the reason of that. Take a look at those ports.  They are all RTP which is used for audio streaming.

It´s coming from the Cloud IPBX to our external interface. 

Something tells me that it´s something related to stateful connection. As if it wasnt working as intended. 

I´ve done some digging and I already changed UDP Timeout according to this article (https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/127785) but it didn’t work. 

There are no blocks in IPS or stuff. Please help. This is driving me nuts. [:'(]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Can anyone shed some light plz? [:^)]

• Olá,

There's nothing I can think of that might be caused by the UTM or any way to address this problem in the UTM.  This seems to be either the ISP or the VoIP provider - why else would a packet be delayed and arrive out of sequence?  You should get a case opened with Sophos Support to back you in insisting that you get cooperation from your supplier.

Please let us know your results.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Balfson!

I already opened a case with Sophos but nothing so far. I do think it's something related with the voip provider too (I am sure it's not the ISP) but I can't just tell them that it is their solution without pointing out the real issue. Actually I tried but I can't prove they wrong. This is so frustrating =/