This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM VPN Client / vpn privacy connect Sophos -> Internet

Hey all,

I have set up my utm a while and I am very happy with it. To anonymise my traffic I often use an outside hosted vpn serve on my Mac. Do you know if there is the possibility to let the Sophos connect to the vpn service - ideally via ikev2? I would very much like to avoid going around my firewall using vpn services tunnelling through it. 

Thank you very much for your thoughts 

BR
Paul

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Toni, I think he wants to use an anonymizing proxy like NordVPN or IPvanish and connect the UTM to it directly, and that's not possible.  Many here have tried to import an OpenVPN client configuration to accomplish what he wants, but I know of no one that has succeeded.  The best workaround I know of is a separate box that handles all traffic through such a tunnel.

The net of it is that the Sophos tools are for professional use and have not been adapted to home use like some home routers.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks a lot for your grass support! 

I am also thinking if a separate box that's between the internet-gateway-router and the firewall that is only handling the vpn stuff. I am currently having a first look on how performant this box needs to be. 

Thanks a lot again and best regards

• Bitte schön, Paul, and welcome to the UTM Community!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA