This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Teamviewer Connections Blocked In Proxy Standard Mode

Hi community,

last week our Teamviewer connections suddenly stopped working from one day to the other. After hours of searching the source of the issue, I finally reached the point where I can tell it is caused by the webfilter of our SG230 UTM 9.510-5. Following behaviour:

- proxy in standard mode
- webfilter log shows 504 errors with timeouts while trying to reach ping3.teamviewer.com
- tcpdump on client shows the the connection gets interrupted and tries to retransmit the initial packet several times
- firewall log shows blocked packages from client to teamviewer server (I assume the retransmit packages get blocked because they do not pass thru the webfilter but over 443)

If I switch to transparent mode and add the destination host to the skip list, the teamviewer connections start working again.

So my question is: how can I teach the SG in transparent mode to do the "same" it does with the hosts in the skip list in transparent mode?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Do you have the following Exception?

Teamviewer Remote Access 
    Skipping: Sandstorm / SSL scanning
    Matching these URLs: ^https?://(?:[A-Za-z0-9-]+\.)+teamviewer\.com/?

If that doesn't work in Standard mode, you must skip *.teamviewer.com in 'Proxy Settings' in your browser.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • A few days ago it suddenly started working again. Probably wasn't an issue caused by the firewall. Probably a couple of problems between our government net and some teamviewer servers. This answer of Bob probably would fit best as answer if it have not been a problem caused by "external" issues.

Thanks all

• A few days ago it suddenly started working again. Probably wasn't an issue caused by the firewall. Probably a couple of problems between our government net and some teamviewer servers. This answer of Bob probably would fit best as answer if it have not been a problem caused by "external" issues.

Thanks all

Children
No Data