This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tim vision app won't work with sophos utm

Hello community,

i have a strange issue with tim vision streaming platform because i can't play anything. I tryed to add firewall policy tv to any service any allow, add tv in maquerating rules through wan interface, create a specific web filter but nothing the streaming won't play. I was also checking the logs but nothing appear to be useful, the tv can connect to internet and other services like netflix work well. Even my pc that is in another subnet and with less restrictive policies doesn't play tim vision.

how is it possible?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • We cannot tell what that application is doing, but the trick is to find out what the application is trying to do.    The logs can do that.

You should open Live Log and filter on the client IP to see everything the application is doing as it is running.

Also create firewall rules for both allow and block that have logging enabled, so that you can see what traffic is going that route.

• I've already did what you suggest but in the live logs firewall section i can't see any denied traffic by my test machine for timvision, the only thing that i can see is in the web filter section but seems nothing usefull for the troubleshooting. I've also disabled the web filtering component but nothing changed i don't know where else to look. 

• Did you enable logging on the "allow" firewall rules? If not, you will not see any allowed traffic in the (live) log. Traffic will only appear once logging is enabled in the respective firewall rule(s).

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• apijnappels said:

Did you enable logging on the "allow" firewall rules? If not, you will not see any allowed traffic in the (live) log. Traffic will only appear once logging is enabled in the respective firewall rule(s).

yes, all my firewall rules are in logging mode but i can't see any firewall log going to timvision pubblic ip's.

• You need to be looking to see what the client IP is doing.    Public IPs are a tiny fraction of what the typical website or application uses.