This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Firewall rule dont work - user group

When I create a rule using a user group, don't work (it seems that it is not right that the user is part of the group)

When I change de same rule to user a user directly, work's fine;

This user is not a local user, it's imported from active directoty. I try use user group integrated with AD and static member and the result was the same.

PPT with prints

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Marcelo,

does this group object get an IP adress assigned?

If you want present any screenshots upload/copy them here.

Best Regards
    DKKDG

• Hi,

Yesterday, I was able to talk with Sophos support and unfortunately it does not work to use group of users in the firewall rules for Sophos UTM (which is my case, only for XG)

Best Regards

• Check the authentication overview in the Wiki.  You can do this for internal AD users with STAS, which is code ported over from XG.   User logins create a network user object in UTM.   I believe you can deginate network group objects as well.   Reviews of STAS in this forum are a little mixed, I think mostly over missed logouts.

Standard UTM users and groups are usable in firewall rules when the user is on a VPN client connection.   These are calked user network objects.  The names are similar, but they are independent object lists.   One is for remote only, tje other is for internal only