This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM Home Edition for Client

A client of mine has a small network of 30 users and 20 ips, instaed of purchasing web protection licence, can i use the home edition UTM version for this client? 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Only if your client uses this for personal use it's allowed to use the Home edition. If it's a business it's not allowed to use the Home edition.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Hi Ololade and a belated welcome to the UTM Community!

There is no home edition, just a home-use license.  For business, there is a free "Essential Firewall" license that doesn't include Web Protection.  The software is all the same, the licensing determines what it will do.

If your client were only going to use Web Protection, an SG 115 would be the most cost-effective solution.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • So, in a virtual deployment option, i can download the free essential essential Firewall licence, installed it on a vm, then purchase licence for the web protection?

• So, in a virtual deployment option, i can download the free essential essential Firewall licence, installed it on a vm, then purchase licence for the web protection?

Please I need an answer to this question asap.

• I believe you need to install the UTM (which is by default a 30-day license) and in those 30 days you can purchase the required license and enter it in Webadmin.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Ok. Will the free essential Firewall software (for basic firewall functionalities) too require purchasing licence after 30 days?

• No, free essential firewall is free forever, but just firewall and nothing more.