This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUbnet routed through subnet

Sophos SG 230 / UTM 9 (latest)

We recently switched to fiber service. Our ISP did something that I haven't experienced. That is routing a /29 through a /30:

/30
Network: xx.xx.1.20  (primary external IP
Gateway: xx.xx.1.21
Useable: xx.xx.1.22
Broadcast: xx.xx.1.23

/29
Network: xx.xx.163.56
Gateway: xx.xx.163.57
Useable: xx.xx.163.58 thru 62
Broadcast: xx.xx.163.63

xx.xx.163.56 thru .63 creates 24,000 dropped destination hosts log entries daily

The /29 are supposed to be our available static IP's so:

1) How do I setup the statics I need?

2) How do stop the log entries for those statics I do not use?

Thanks,

Tom

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • That depends, Tom.  What do you plan on doing with these IPs?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

I have an immediate need to use two; surveillance system access and access to training videos on a dedicated "server." I know how to configure and secure a static IP under "normal" circumstances, they were setup and functioning prior to the fiber system. I'm not getting how/where to apply the network & gateway for the /29, nor how to stop the logs from filling up without blocking the IPs.

Tom

• Hi Bob,

I have an immediate need to use two; surveillance system access and access to training videos on a dedicated "server." I know how to configure and secure a static IP under "normal" circumstances, they were setup and functioning prior to the fiber system. I'm not getting how/where to apply the network & gateway for the /29, nor how to stop the logs from filling up without blocking the IPs.

Tom

Children
No Data