This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intrusion Prevention

Hi,

I'm pretty new on the forum so please bear with me.

I`m having a little issue with UDP Flood Protection. Everytime I try to watch a youtube video on high definition or 4k using "Google Chrome" browser, the intrusion Prevention activate generating this kind of log and cause the video render completly unplayable.

""
2018:05:25-13:17:04 djfranco ulogd[4708]: id="2105" severity="info" sys="SecureNet" sub="ips" name="UDP flood detected" action="UDP flood" fwrule="60013" initf="eth0" srcmac="2c:0b:e9:15:f0:22" dstmac="Removed my wan MAC" srcip="173.194.186.233" dstip="removed my wan IP" proto="17" length="1378" tos="0x00" prec="0x20" ttl="59" srcport="443" dstport="64165"

""
Only way to watch the video in Chrome is disabling the "Use UDP Flood Protection" or adding an exception.
But the interesting part is that using Mozilla FireFox this doesn`t happen.

So why Chrome activate this and Firefox not ?

thanks in advanced.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Someone posted this on a google products help forum:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/9x4trkWwVN4

Just for anyone else that happens to search this, mainly fellow sysadmins: If you are having issues with all Google services loading slowly in Chrome, another issue is that when using the QUIC protocol, some firewalls will see the traffic as a UDP flood due to the way QUIC uses HTTPS over UDP. Disabling QUIC in this case will solve the issue, or figuring out how to exclude Google services in your firewall from seeing QUIC as a UDP flood. You can disable QUIC in chrome by going to chrome://flags and setting QUIC to disabled

We have this issue in specific with a Sophos UTM firewall at work. As of now, there is no good way to make an exclusion, so we had to disable QUIC in Chrome. We noticed the problem mainly manifest with lots of buffering on Youtube and very slow loading of maps in Google maps. The problem was never present in other browsers.

• Thank you Alan , that did the trick .

Reply Children
No Data